• pstaines

How Do I Begin To Help My Retired Mom Move?

Updated: Jun 3, 2018

Q.  My mom needs to downsize and move to a smaller home. Any tips on how to start?

A.  Start with finding a a Realtor who specializes in working with seniors.  In our industry some of us have earned the Seniors Real Estate Specialist designation, or SRES which is exclusive to assisting the senior consumer.  Your SRES Realtor can meet with your mom to discuss her options, show her communities and areas that fit her lifestyle and budget, and offer a plan for moving forward. If you're not ready to meet we can send your mom our "Moving On" guide.  If you or any of our Times Union readers would like a free copy, just visit my website  And if your mom is anything like mine, you'll need lots of patience, understanding and wine. Good luck.



  • Black LinkedIn Icon
  • Black YouTube Icon

© Each RE/MAX Office is independently owned and operated. Property information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. 

Property information on this website has been made available by the MLS and may not be the listing of the provider.

Equal Opportunity Broker. 

Phyllis Staines, RE/MAX Coastal Real Estate License #BK660013

DMCA Notice:

IDX Listing Page Disclaimer: